WHY TNTET IS GOING TO BE CONDUCTED ?In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Governmentin accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
WHO WILL CONDUCT THE TNTET2013 ?Teachers Recruitment Board is designated as the Nodal Agency for conducting of Teacher Eligibility Test and recruitment of Teachers as per G.O. (Ms) No. 181, School Education (C2) Department, Dated 15.11.2011.
PAPERS IN TET :
- Paper I = Classes I to V (Secondary Grade Teachers)
- Paper II = Classes VI to VIII (Graduate Teachers)
ELIGIBILITY :Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test :
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education (regarding other State D.T.Ed Certificate, evaluation certificate is necessary) in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Secondary Grade Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
- Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects (Regarding equivalent subject, Government orders issued prior to the date of this notification alone will be considered) from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.Ed.) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
- Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.E.Ed / B.Ed during the current Academic Year (2012 – 2013) are also permitted to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test. Such Candidate’s should have successfully completed the course in the Current Academic Year (2012-2013) itself and should produce D.E.Ed / B.Ed Certificate during Certificate Verification otherwise they shall not be considered for current year Government recruitment process. However they may be issued with TET Certificate after producing D.E.Ed Diploma certificate / B.Ed Degree Certificate.
TNTET EXAM CENTERS :Examination will be held in all the 66 Educational District Headquarters. Candidates should appear for the examination at their own expenses. The board reserves the right to increase the number of examination centers and to re-allot the candidates for administrative reasons.
SYLLABUS EXAM PATTERN MODEL :
For full details regarding syllabus exam pattern marks weight age available in the notification which can be download online from the official website at http://trb.tn.nic.in/PG2012/22052013/Notification.pdf
APPLICATION FORM AND COST OF APPLICATION FORM :Applications can be received from 17.06.2013 to 01.07.2013 from all the Head Masters of Government Higher Secondary Schools, on payment of Rs. 50/- in cash towards the cost of Application Form and Prospectus.
EXAMINATION FEE :The Examination fee is Rs.500/- for all the candidates except SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates. For SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates examination fees is Rs.250/-d. The fee should be paid by the candidate in any Branch of the State Bank of India or Indian Overseas Bank or Canara Bank only using the Prescribed Challan attached with the Prospectus.
WHERE TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM?The filled-in Application Form and the TRB Copy of the Fees Payment Challan must be put inside the envelope provided and submitted in person in the Office of the District Educational Officer. Candidates are advised to get the acknowledgement on the photo copy of the application form.
IMPORTANT DATES :
- Commencement of Sale of Application Forms :: 17.06.2013 10.00 A.M
- Last Date for Receipt of Application :: 01.07.2013 5.30 P.M.
- Date of Written Examination-Paper I :: 17.08.2013 10A.M To 1 P.M
- Date of Written Examination-Paper II :: 18.08.2013 10A.M To 1 P.M