ICAR AIEEA-UG 2013 | WWW.ICAR.ORG.IN | WWW.ICAREXAM.NET RESULTS 2013 | APPLY ONLINE | ICAR AIEES-UG 2013 ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD18th ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION (AIEEA-UG-2013) TO 15% SEATS IN BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES AND AWARD OF NATIONAL TALENT SCHOLARSHIPS IN AGRICULTURE & ALLIED SCIENCE SUBJECTS (OTHER THAN VETERINARY SCIENCE) IN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITIES AND 100% SEATS IN DAIRY TECHNOLOGY AT NDRI KARNAL FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2013–14
ABOUT ICAR AIEEA-UG 2013 :Triggered primarily by professional and academic linkage with Agricultural Universities, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi has been able to foster a countrywide arrangement with the AUs to set aside 15% of their seats for Bachelor degree programmes to be admitted through ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination so as to reduce inbreeding,increase mobility among students, encourage national integration and infuse merit and uniform examination standards leading to improved overall quality of agricultural education. Accordingly, ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) to Bachelor degree programmes in agriculture and allied subjects, other than veterinary sciences, at Agricultural Universities on 15% of the University seats every year. For NDRI, Karnal, an ICAR-Deemed-to-be-University, 100% seats are filled up through the above examination. National Talent Scholarships (NTS) are awarded based on the AIEEA-UG examination to all those candidates who take admission outside their state of domicile. Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state are admitted in any agricultural university/subject. ICAR’s 18th AIEEA-UG-2013 examination for the academic session 2013-14 will be conducted at 42 examination city centres spread all over the country, enabling Participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines. Candidates qualified for counseling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University as per counseling procedure described hereinafter. There is no direct nomination for admission through ICAR in any Bachelor degree programme without qualifying in this examination.
DEGREE COURSES AVAILABLE :Admission to 11 Bachelor degree programmes of four years duration in the subjects of: (i) Agriculture (ii) Horticulture (iii) Fisheries (iv) Forestry (v) Home Science (vi) Sericulture (vii) Biotechnology (viii) Agricultural Engineering (ix) Dairy Technology (x) Food Science and (xi) Agricultural Marketing & Cooperation etc. is available to Indian Nationals based on merit-rank in ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination.
COURSES AND STREAMS :11 degree programmes are categorized into two Streams viz. Stream-A: Agriculture/Biologyand Stream-B: Mathematics. The candidate has a right to exercise option only for one Stream at the time of submitting the application. The option once exercised cannot be changed subsequently.
- STREAM-A (Agriculture/Biology):Candidates under this stream can seek admission for Bachelor degree programmes in Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Home Science, Sericulture, Food Science, and Biotechnology.
- STREAM-B (Mathematics):Candidates under this stream can seek admission for Bachelor degree programmes in Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation and also in Forestry, Food Science and Biotechnology at some of the Agricultural Universities provided Biology has been one of the subjects during 10+2 examination.
AGE LIMIT :Indian Nationals of at least 17 years of age but not more than 23 years as on 31.08.2013 (i.e. must have been born between 01.09.1990 to 01.09.1996) are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation of age will be allowed to the candidates except for SC/ST/PH categories where upper age limit would be relaxable by 5 years
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY :Candidate must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of an Indian Board/ University after a period of 12 years of study. The last
two years of such 10+2 examination should have papers in Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subjects from Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture* /Home Science. Besides, for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination. Intermediate with Agriculture and having not studied Physics and Chemistry as separate subjects may also be eligible for admission in some SAUs in State of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh
ICAR NATIONAL TALENT TEST SCHOLARSHIP - NTS
National Talent Scholarship would be available through the Agricultural University concerned, to every student admitted on ICAR seat at any Agricultural University, at the rate of `1,000/- per month during the period of study .
COST OF APPLICATION OR APPLICATION FEE :Rs 500 /-
APPLY PROCESS :CANDIDATES CAN PURCHASE APPLICATION FORMS OR CAM APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ICAR.ORG.IN
ADDRESS TO SEND APPLICATION FORM :Application, Admit Card (Office Copy) and Acknowledgement Card duly filled-in, should be submitted at the following address by Registered/Speed Post or may be deposited personally on any working day between 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.:
Controller of Examinations (Education)
Exam. Cell, Education Division
Indian Council of Agricultural Research
Room No. 216, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II
Pusa, New Delhi-110 012
IMPORTANT DATES :
- Last date for purchase of Information Bulletin with Application Form by depositing cash through Challan from branches of Syndicate Bank counters or specified ICAR Institutes through DDs. :: 15 February 2013
- Last date for receiving request in ICAR for Information Bulletin by post and with bank draft drawn in favour of “ICAR Unit-Education Division ICAR, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi. :: 10 February 2013
- Last date for purchase of Information Bulletins/ Application Forms from offices of the Registrars of State Agricultural Universities by depositing cash only. :: 15 February 2013
- Last date of receipt of filled-in application forms in Examination Cell, Education Division, ICAR, KAB-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110 012 from candidates otherthan those located in remote areas. :: 15 February 2013
- Last date of receipt of filled application forms in Examination Cell, Education Division, ICAR, KAB-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110 012 from candidates located in remote areas :: 22 February 2013
- Date and time of Examination: 20th April 2013 (Saturday) 10:00 – 12:30 hrs.
- Dates of Counseling: Please see ANNEXURE-XI IN THE NOTIFICATION