NAME OF THE POST : STATION CONTROLLER TRAIN OPERATOR
VACANCY : 65 POSTS
SALARY AND PAY : Pay Band-2 Rs 9300-34800 + grade pay Rs 3200/-
AGE LIMIT : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years as on 1st January, 2013.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS : Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks or equivalent Grade/ Level in graduation, and Mathematics or Physics as one of the subjects passed in Senior Secondary (10+2) or Higher Secondary (10+1) or equivalent examination of a recognised Board
SELECTION PROCESS : Candidates would be selected through WRITTEN TEST , PSYCHOMETRIC TEST , INTERVIEW and MEDICAL FITNESS TEST .
EXAM PATTERN :
- Written Test – 90 marks: The maximum time permitted for the written test shall be 135 minutes, and it shall carry 120 questions for a total of 90 marks. The questions shall be multiple choice objective type, with 0.75 marks being awarded for each right answer and 0.25 marks being deducted for each wrong answer. Minimum pass marks shall be 40 % for all candidates other than SC/ST Category candidates and 35 % for SC/ST Category candidates. The indicative scheme of the question paper (i.e., approximate number of questions ± 10%) shall be as follows: i. General Knowledge & Awareness, including General Science - 45 questions ,ii. Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Ability and Reasoning – 45 questions ,iii. Computer Awareness – 10 questions , iv. English Comprehension – 10 questions , v. Hindi Comprehension – 10 questions
- Psychometric Test (Qualifying Test): The Psychometric Test will measure specific abilities related to the job, such as reaction time, form perception, vigilance, speed anticipation and some selected attributes of personality. The Psychometric Test will be conducted before or after the interview, and passing of the Test shall be mandatory for the candidates called for interview. The candidates who do not pass the Psychometric Test may not be interviewed if results of the Test become available before The interview.
- Interview – 10 marks: The focus of interview will be on personality traits, including communication skills, of the candidates. There will be no minimum pass marks for the interview, but failure to appear in interview will disqualify the candidate.
- Medical Fitness Test (Qualifying Test): All candidates called for interview and/or placed on the final merit list or panel of wait listed candidates shall have to undergo and pass medical fitness test as prescribed by JMRC.
- General Knowledge & Awareness – Current Affairs, Economy, Culture, History, Geography and Natural Resources of India, with special focus on Rajasthan.
- General Science – Live processes, Control and co-ordination in animals and plants, Reproduction, Heredity and Evolution, Electric current, Potential difference and Electric current, Magnetic effects of current, Reflection of light, Refraction, Refraction of light through prism, Natural resources and Environment.
- Quantitative Aptitude - Ratio and Proportion, Percentages and Averages, Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, LCM and HCF, Simple and Compound Interest.
- Logical Ability and Reasoning - Data Interpretation, Venn Diagram, Inductive Logic, Puzzles, Coding and decoding, Number Series, Blood Relations, Arrangements.
- Computer Awareness - Input and Output devices, Latest trends in IT, Computer Networks, Operating System, E- Mail and Internet, MS-Office.
- English Comprehension - Comprehension passage in English with questions in English only.
- Hindi Comprehension – Comprehension passage in Hindi with questions in Hindi only.
APPLICATION FEE : An Application shall be deemed as valid only if the prescribed Application Fee is deposited by the last date prescribed for the purpose, i.e., 1st November 2012, and in the specified manner. The Application Fee shall be paid as under, through a system generated SBI Payment Challan, at any branch of State Bank of India.Application Fee is as given below :
- For Persons with Disabilities (OL – R or L) : Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST candidates of Rajasthan : Rs. 200/-
- For Non-Creamy Layer OBC/BC/SBC candidates of Rajasthan : Rs. 300/-
- For all other candidates : Rs. 400
IMPORTANT DATES :
IMPORTANT DATES :
- Opening date for online application process : 15.10.12
- Last Date for Submission of Applications and for generating SBI Payment Challan : 30.10.12
- Last date for depositing the Application Fee in the State Bank of India as per Challan : 1.11.12
- Period for candidates to check payment receipt status : 4.11.12 to 6.11.12
- Opening date for downloading Admit Card : 17.11.12
- Last date for downloading Admit Card : Till commencement of the Written Test
- Tentative date for Written Test : 9.12.12
- Tentative date for results of Written Test : 31.12.12